I baked, iced and decorated two Christmas cakes. Here are some pictures:
| A Christmas Pudding Christmas cake |
| A Christmas wreath |
I hope you like them.
Despite the snow, we nearly managed to get everyone over and all the food was eaten, so it was just as well we were a few people short - otherwise my and I would have had to wave goodbye to our third helpings of the stir fry (we are all infamously piggish at Christmas, having starved ourselves to make room for the stir fry and the roulade and chocolate gateaux).
Unfortunately, my grandfather had a heart attack three weeks before Christmas. He was discharged from hospital on Christmas Eve, and so my parents had to drive through treacherous weather conditions to Gravesend to pick him up. Although my parents had visited him in hospital, because of school, my brother and I hadn't had the opportunity. I didn't appreciate how frail he was until he came to stay with us over Christmas. We seemed to spend all our time caring for him, spoon feeding him. It was really distressing. And it was only last Christmas that my grandmother died. The Christmas weekend always has brought bad news. But I have to try and look at the bright side of things. The snow was beautiful and my sisters cheered me up during their stay just before Christmas.

0 comments:
Post a Comment