Ok...so this post is nearly 6 weeks late. Sorry!
In half term, to help break up all of the coursework and revision (because the exams are coming ever closer), I decided to host a dinner party. Overall it was quite successful and certainly entertaining. I don't want to say too much about my own cooking, because it probably wasn't as good as I thought it was. My guests continually tried to convince me that the food was amazing. And we had a bit of a laugh over the very toffee-y banoffee pie. The toffee had completely solidified, making it virtually impossible to cut without the use of a chainsaw (acutally I am not even sure that would have worked). Anyway, somehow, we managed to divide it up into portions, but because the toffee was just too much for our teeth, we had to resort to eating around the toffee and then sucking on the solid sugar for the entire evening until it started to soften.
However, despite the *ahem* minor catastrophe, I still received good responses. And I don't appear to have scared anybody away, with my cooking, to the extent that they never wish to step foot in my house again.
Everyone left very drunk...on laughter, Schloer and J2Os (there are ALWAYS J2Os in my house).
A really good evening!
Thanks everyone for coming!
Love you all xxx
Wednesday, 30 March 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment