CRUISE COMPASS
Today we are in: Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Sunrise: 6.29 am
Sunset: 8.18 pm
Ship's arrival: 7.00 am
Today's forecast
Sunny
98°F (36°C)
Humidity: 65%
Wind: 15 - 25 mph
UV index: 9 medium
Tonight's Dinner Dress Suggestion: Casual / White
Athens, the eye of Greece, mother of arts and eloquence.
I love Athens. I had never been before. In fact, before the cruise, I had never been to Greece. We went to the top of the Acropolis - many people make the mistake of thinking that the Acropolis is the main temple at the top of the hill, but in fact the Acropolis is the hill itself and the main temple is the Parthenon, which is dedicated to the Goddess Athena. Again, I have photos of the site at the top of the Acropolis, and the views of the beautiful city from the hill. Not only did we look at all the ancient ruins, but we also had a look at many of the Olympic Stadiums, both from 2004 and 1896, when the Olympic Games first started again.
And tonight was toga night! All the guys wore sheets. And often, JUST sheets. It certainly was a sight. The entertainment that night was fantastic. John Taylor. An Australian magician. Usually when I see magic shows, it isn't long before I work out how the trick was performed, and how it worked. But this show, I couldn't figure out how any of the tricks worked. It was so frustrating. And even now, having googled all the tricks, I have no idea how they worked. And amazingly, he designed all of them. I really suggest looking him up. He is an amazing magician. I certainly would go and see him again.

0 comments:
Post a Comment